Breast Cancer Community
Lump in armpit/breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Lump in armpit/breast

Hi there-would a sollen lymph node associated with breast cancer go awy within a week-i had a sweelling and of course i kepttouching it so it got even more sore and swollen-wehn i stoped touching it it went away compeltely and now i can';t even feel it.  Do cancerous lymph nodes go away or conitnue to get igger and harder.  I t didn't even feel like a lypmh node it felt like swollen breast tissure from excessive palaption.  Please help

How old are you? Since how long have you noticed the lumps?

Underarm lumps are axillary lymph nodes which could be enlarged secondary to infection or even trauma. They are usually enlarged when a new deodorant is used, after shaving or waxing the underarm area.

Have you got an ultrasound done as yet and have you got a clinical examination got done by a physician? This would help in coming to a confirmed diagnosis.

This does not look to be cancerous, especially if it has resolved by itself.

Let us know if you have any more doubts and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
HI there- I am 28 years old-I only noticed the lump last month-i had just stopped birth control pills and had an extremely bad chestcold at the time too-the lump went away as soon as I stopped playing with it-i tend to be very anxious over my health and couldn't stop touching it for about a week-as soon as i did it went away-i can't even feel where it was now.  I am to assume cancerous lumps don't just go awy by themselves.  Thank you.  NOw that I look at where it was again i don't even think it cold have been a lymph node-it wasn't directly in my armpit or anything.  I think it was regular breast tissue that i probably aggravated by touching it wasy too much.  What are your thoughts.

It is difficult to say about the cause of the breast lumps at this moment. They could be due to infection, or trauma, or due to the birth control pills you were taking, etc.

But you need to carry out regular breast self examinations nad report any abnormal features to your doctor and even if you notice any lump again.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Hope this helps.

Regards.