Breast Cancer Community
Lump in my armpit

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Lump in my armpit

i have a lump in my armpit every time i have my period, then eventually it will disappear.. but now that i'm five months pregnant, the lump in my armpit appears bigger and it doesn't disappear.. what should i do regarding this?
1 Comment
Breast lumps may occur normally in pregnancy, when the breasts are getting ready for lactation.A tail of breast tissue may extend into the armpit.
There is a variety of reasons why lumps appear in the axilla area.It could be a swollen lymph node due to infection or inflammation somewhere in the body.Given that you are pregnant, you should waste no time in securing a professional diagnosis just to make sure that there is nothing serious there okay?.
Best wishes to you and the baby....