Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Lump of pectoral muscle

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Lump of pectoral muscle

I am a 27 yr old female who recently discovered a lump (3x2cm and growing) just beneath my right clavicle. i went to my doctor,who after consulting with two other doctors has ruled out a lipoma and subeceuous cyst, claiming that this lump does not have the same qualities you would expect to feel with these masses. the doctors also agreed that the lump was not on my breast tissue but muscular and i am assuming that it is pectoral. She did explain that it is possible to get muscular tumours and has referred me to a rapid access breast cancer clinic for diagnosise. my mother has a history of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and after 7 months of being in remission is due for the latest tumour to be removed. to say that i am worried is an understatement. i have been trying to research muscular lumps but what info is available is confusing. I guess, I'm wondering what else it may be if my doctor's have ruled out cysts and lipomas....any info on muscular lumps in this area, that are not breast lumps would be really helpful.
Dear casa1981:  There are many many things that can be lumps and without evaluation, it is impossible to speculate on what this might be.  It needs to be evaluated.  Whether the next step is scan, biopsy or something else would need to be determined by the doctors.  Hopefully, you can get in for evaluation promptly so that you can get some answers.