Breast Cancer Community
Lump on implant
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lump on implant

I had bilateral total mastectomy 10/07 for DCIS left breast (suspicious cell in right breast on pathology); sentinal biopsy was negative.  No chemo/radiation.  None of my doctors have done a breast exam since reconstruction.  (apparently I do not need this anymore?)  Standing before a mirror, I have noticed a pea sized lump between my left implant and my skin.  It moves with the implant upon raising and lowering my arms.  (the skin moves over it)  I did not have any tissue from elsewhere on my body transplanted to help with reconstruction; I am thin (atheletic) so just have saline implants under my skin.  Is a lump normal?  I still have no feeling from my surgeries.  

This discussion is related to Breast Lump Post Mastectomy.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
I had my mastect in August and the reconstruction 11/6, however I have silicone implants.  No chemo, no radiation and I have the same build as you do.  well, I look athletic, but actually I am not...LOL!  I was told to follow up with my breast surgeon in one year.  I did find a small lump a few weeks ago (smaller than a pea) which I calmly brought to the attention of my plastic surgeon during a scheduled follow up visit.  She did have the breast surgeon come in and take a look to be sure.  They both felt it was a coagulated blood vessel.  

No lump should be ignored.  No surgeon can get 100% of all tissue removed.  Chances are it is not anything, but better to be safe than sorry.  Please do not be afraid of overreacting.  Even though we are "done" and cancer free, we are not the same as we were pre-cancer.  It is completely normal (or so I hear) to be concerned about cancer whenever anything seemingly abnormal arises.  Your breast surgeon should be sensitive to that.  

Please let me know how you make out.

Best Wishes!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank