Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Lump on rib

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Lump on rib
I hace a lump that is painfull on my right chest 6 finger up from my nipple. Its been there for a while now and still hurts real bad, I think it might be a rib maybe but the other side dont have it,
Dear chuckandchristie98, Without further evaluation including physical examination it is impossible to say what this is.  You should bring this to the attention of your doctor who can check it and determine what if any further evaluation is recommended.

The lump you describe could be many things .... I would suggest that you see your Physician to investigate this further. He/She can do a clinical breast exam and recommend any tests he/she feels necessary to find out exactly what is causing this problem.  Regards ......