Breast Cancer Community
Lump under arm & breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Lump under arm & breast

I had a mamogram (mammogram) last week because I had lump under arm ( sore) and also one on breast ( no pain) . After mamogram (mammogram) sent me to have ultrasound. Lympnodes did look swollen on mamogram (mammogram). The tech could feel lump when doing ultrasound but nothing showed up. I guess I am wondering if anyone else has had same issue? I am still concerned about lump. If it were cyst wouldn't it have shown up on ultrasound? My doctor has been out of town until today so I have not been able to discuss with her. I do drink SOME caffine but not that much. ....keep hearing that could be the cause. SHOULD I BE CONCERNED or am I just overreacting????????!!!!!!!
1 Comment
You didn't state the results of the Mammogram ... I'm sure the report would have made some mention of the breast lump. Caffeine isn't the cause of a breast lump ... if it is a cyst then it would be due to hormone levels in the body. Reducing the intake of caffeine can help reduce the discomfort and possibly the size of the cyst (which may vary anyway in relation to the menstrual cycle) but it certainly doesn't cause the cyst. I would want to know the nature of the breast lump to a 100% certainty. I'm sure when you see your Dr. she will explain the reports and determine if this is a cyst or if some further investigation needs to be done.  As long as you have a question or concern you are NOT overreacting.    Regards ...