Breast Cancer Community
Lump under right breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Lump under right breast

I am 21 years old and I just recently discovered a lump on the underside of my right breast, it is on the inner side like right against my chest bone. There are no signs of a lump on the outside no redness or anything like that no sign at all, and it only hurts when i push on it. The lump only feels like about the size of a dime and is hard. I just finished my monthly period. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Can anyone help me? Does anyone know if this is something I should be worried about?
correction i am 24 years old. sorry typo...
Hi, you may just have a cyst since it is painful, cancer usually is a hard lump that won't move and isn't painful but that is the norm, there is always an exception. You may go to your Doctor and he/she should order an ultrasound, I am tired of doctors feeling something and pronouncing it is nothing when no one knows unless it is tested.