Lumpectomy/biopsy site won't heal
I had a breast lumpectomy in May 2009 and a biposy in the same area in May of this year. It seems like it never healed. I was told it was common to have fluid build up in the cavity, but I got a huge blister on my skin and then the incision broke open and has been leaking fluid ever since. My surgeon drained it once and told me to keep it wrapped, then she later told me to put gause inside the opening after irrigating it each day.
At this point, it is so swollen and painful I can barely move. I have asked other women on breast cancer forums and no one has ever experienced this. I don't know what to do.

This discussion is related to Problems After Breast Lumpectomy.
This is definitely NOT normal or to be expected. I suggest that you make an appointment with either another Surgeon, OR if one is available in your area, a Wound Clinic. If this area is terribly painful it seems to me that there may well be some degree of infection present and this needs more treatment than just home irrigation and packing.  Regards .....
Thank you for your input. My Radiation Oncologist said he has never seen this before and he kept prescribing antibiotics, which did not help. My surgeon said the antibiotics didn't work because the area had walled itself off, which doesn't make sense to me, its still part of my body so why wouldn't antibiotics reach that area? You are right, maybe its time to see someone new.