Breast Cancer Community
Lumpectomy scar pain after 14 years
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lumpectomy scar pain after 14 years

14 years ago I had a lumpectomy followed by six weeks radiation for stage 1 cancer in my left breast (I was 31 at the time). I never had any issues with my scar tissue in all this time even though I have been fairly active, mostly with running.
Over the last few weeks though I feel constantly sore around the scar area from that operation.
I have recently started weight lifting but have been trying to avoid moves that are specifically targeting the chest area.
I am doing biceps, triceps and delts training though. Could that be the reason for the soreness? Am I damaging myself lifting with my left arm? My other thought was that this may be a sign of peri-menopause? Could changes in e.g. breast denseness cause soreness in scar tissue when getting older?

Thanks for any advice