Lumpectomy scar pain after 14 years
14 years ago I had a lumpectomy followed by six weeks radiation for stage 1 cancer in my left breast (I was 31 at the time). I never had any issues with my scar tissue in all this time even though I have been fairly active, mostly with running.
Over the last few weeks though I feel constantly sore around the scar area from that operation.
I have recently started weight lifting but have been trying to avoid moves that are specifically targeting the chest area.
I am doing biceps, triceps and delts training though. Could that be the reason for the soreness? Am I damaging myself lifting with my left arm? My other thought was that this may be a sign of peri-menopause? Could changes in e.g. breast denseness cause soreness in scar tissue when getting older?

Thanks for any advice
I suppose it could be related to your recent change in exercise routine. You may be stretching the scar tissue and not even realizing it with some of the exercises. I wouldn't see that it would be related to the menopause issue. I hope you are having yearly Mammograms and doing monthly self exams along with a yearly clinical exam by your Physician since you were treated for breast cancer in the past. Don't forget that recurrence is always a possibility and these yearly exams are necessary. Regards ....