Lumpectomy v.s. Mastectomy for DCIS high grade
Just wanted to know the best advice for the best outcome. I have DCIS comedo form, micr calcs were present in biopsy sample. Sample from biopsy was 4cmx3cmx2cm. Clear margins were not obtained. I am very small breasted and 49 menopausal. What are the chances of it coming back or finding a secondary invasion with this.

High grade DCIS or DCIS with necrosis or the comedo form is known to be more aggressive or has greater chances of recurrence in the furture.

You will need to discuss the treatment options with your doctor - Lumpectomy or mastectomy - depending on extent and size of tumour - clear margins are important, radiation therapy - especially in cases with high grade or associated necrosis; hormone therapy - if the tumour is hormone receptor positive.

The exact chances of a recurrence cannot be predicted.

Do let us know what your doctor advises and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.