Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Lumps and hard veins 2 years after BC

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Lumps and hard veins 2 years after BC

I had 6.5cm malignant, estrogen+ tumour in my R breast with positive axillary lymph nodes two years ago and completed treatment 1 year ago.  

About 1 month ago, I found a 5cm x 7cm red swelling on the upper inside of my right arm (near but not in axilla).  It was hot and tender.  The heat and redness went after 2-3 days and the swelling reduced but I can still feel lumps under the skin and the overall area is still slightly swollen.

Just over a week ago, I had a similar occurence on the right side of my neck, in the hollow above my clavicle.  There is also what feels like a hard chord like vein running from the neck lump up towards my ear (perhaps a vein?).  I have had similar occurences in the past in my abdomen and currently have another slight one in my left armpit.

I have also had a few days in the past month when I felt extremely tired and feeble.  I complained at the time that I thought my post chemo and radiotherapy fatigue would be behind me.

Any ideas on what this could be?  Obviously, given the location on my neck, I am concerned about spread via the lymphatic system.  Could they be small clots in my veins?  What do I need to do?

Thanks.
Dear Flo2, You should bring these new findings to the attention of your oncologist who can assess and evaluate for you.
Yes, and please let is know what it is because I would be very interested having a similar history as you and also now beginning to have similar problems that come and go. Thanks. I am about 7 months behind you, also very large tumor in right breast and had many positive lymph nodes.
A related discussion, Breast biopsy left hardened veins was started.