Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Lumps in armpit and neck

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Lumps in armpit and neck

I have recently found a lump in my right armpit and on the left side of my neck.  They are hard lumps and do not hurt.  Any idea what it could be?
Avatar n tn
Dear cornfiek:  This could describe many things.  You don't mention size or how long they have been there.  In general, if these do not go away after a week or two, or if they grow, you should have them examined by your doctor.
Avatar n tn
it's impossible to diagnose any sort of lump without examining it directly. In the neck and armpit, lumps frequently are related to lymph nodes. Lymph nodes can be feelable under many circumstances, including normal, or residual from old healed infection, or active infection, or tumor. Many other things can cause lumps as well. New lumps need to be examined by your doctor.
Avatar n tn

The lump in my neck has been there for a few weeks and the lump in my armpit came last week.  They don't hurt but the lump under my ampit seems to have got bigger.  I haven't had any sort of illness recently or an infection.
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, What do about the lumps in my under arms??? was started.
A related discussion, Lump at armpit was started.