LumpsLumpsLumps
Three nights ago I felt a slight lump between my left breast and armpit. When I woke up yesterday it was much larger, hurt, and was red and inflammed. I went to my OBGYN and she said it was an infected lymph node on the edge of my breast muscle. Gave me Keflex. I have taken 3 then this morning woke up with 3 more lumps. One more under that arm and 2 under the other. I called my husband and he had 2 that had just appeared under his left armpit. I called back to my OBGYN she told me to call my Surgeon (who removed a lump from my right breast 4 years ago). The Surgeon said it wasn't her to contact because it was probably an infected hair folicle (which I disagreed with b/c I have had one of those and it isn't the same) she told me to call a plastic surgeon. I didn't know one so I called my dermitoligist. I have an appointment for Friday at 8:30. I am still nerveous till then.  Please help ease my mind.
Thanks,
Lump girl
Dear LumpsLumpsLumps:  From your description, this sounds more like an infectious process than cancer.  However, you may need a biopsy just to determine what it is.  A surgeon would be the appropriate specialist if a biopsy is indicated.
Forgot to mention that this morning my husband woke up with 2 lumps under his left arm that look similar to mine.  I know that your first thought would be that we got bit by something or that we are allergic to something new but I truly don't believe that is it.  The lumps don't have a spot in the center to indicate a bite and we have not tried any new detergent or soap lately that we could be allergic to.