Breast Cancer Community
Lung problems after radiation
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lung problems after radiation

I began to have chest heaviness and tightness with breathing about the last week of radiation.  I kept thinking I was getting a cold and it was the beginning of chest congestion.  Didn't say much and resting it felt ok.  However, when walking or doing any major movement I would get winded.  Went to the oncologist and the Pulse Ox resting was 97 but as soon as they WALKED me down the hallway it shot down to 85.  CT lung scan with contrast did not show anything and my lung capacity testing came back normal too.  All blood work seems fine....what else can this be?  Oncologist has me getting in to a Pulmonologist but can't get in until December.

Other info:  39 year old physically active female; radiation and NO chemo for in situ breast cancer; did have two herceptin IV's for clinical trials I am invovled with