Lymph Node Ultrasound to measure blood flow WHY?
I found a large mass in my right breast about one + week ago and had a mammogram today with ultrasound followup.  There is also an area that is painfull around my right arm pit.  But I did not feel any lymph nodes.  The mass is not painfull.  There is no breast cancer history in my family.  I want to know why do they look for the blood flow in and out of the lymph nodes under my arm area and a little lower on the ultrasound.  It was very colorful but I do not know what it means and why the look for it.  The tech also examined the rest of the breast and the mass but did not use this technology with color.  I guess that is a good sign.  Everyone is hush hush of course.  The techs wont even answer the most general questions like they are protecting some big secret.  Anyway, does anyone know what this all means.  Thanks  D

The role of color Doppler sonographic signals is postulated in - detecting blood flow in solid breast masses,  differentiating between benign and malignant breast tumors, and identifying patients at risk for axillary lymph node metastasis. Thats the reason the radiologist were evaluating the blood flow in the region you mentioned using a USG.