Breast Cancer Community
Lymph Node problems
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lymph Node problems

Hi, I'm a 27 mother of twins.  In July 2010 I had huge Lymph Node in Right armpit close to my breast removed. It was tested and wasn't Cancer. A year after that one in my Left upper armpit got swollen. So I had went to the doctor and was given meds and after the meds was gone it was still there and then went away on its own. Now its been Year and twos after that one the same one gets swollen again. went to doctor and I have to see my surgeon again and setup for a biopsy. and get blood work done. Tonight I was thinking to myself I need to do a breast check. So I just was sitting in bed doing that when I felt a lump directly across from were the first one was found in other arm. Its small dosen't hurt but the breast around that around is tender.
1 Comment
Blank
587083_tn?1327123862
Hi,
When a lymph node becomes swollen,it usually indicates infection.
Usually painful lumps do not indicate breast cancer,but any lump under the armpit (axilla) is concerning.It could be something as simple as a cyst or inflamed hair follicle, but suspicious lymph nodes also present in this area and because of this possibility,you have been scheduled to have a biopsy and blood work done.When you see your Surgeon,don't forget to mention this small lump you just detected in your breast.
Hoping this is nothing serious and wishing you benign findings!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank