Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Lymph Node

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Lymph Node
I recently had a mammogram done.  One statement on the mammogram stated, There is a left breast upper outer quadrant intramammary lymph node appreciated.  No suggestions were made to me to get this checked out.  Do you think it would be necessary to have it checked out or that the statement is just there to compare to the next mammogram or if I feel any lumps.  Thank you.
Dear Little Doris:  It is not uncommon to have a lymph node within the breast tissue.  Likely, this is just part of describing the results of the mammogram for future comparison if it appeared normal in size and structure.
Thank you very much for your response.  I thought that was probably the case but was a little concerned.  Thank you again!  God Bless!