Breast Cancer Community
Lymph Nodes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Lymph Nodes

I was digonesed with Shingles about 14 days ago, and now my arm pit is swollen. Could this have caused the swollen in the lymph node?  Last August I had a milk duck removed from the same breast and if I remember correctly the doctor said it could have turned cancer if he had not removed it.  I have follow up appointments in the next two weeks do I need to go to the doctor earlier?

This discussion is related to Shingles and Lump.
1 Comment
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? The virus that causes chickenpox, the varicella zoster virus , can become dormant in nerve cells after an episode of chickenpox and later reemerge as shingles.  Signs and symptoms may include the following: itching, tingling, or severe burning pain;     red patches that develop into blisters; grouped, dense, deep, small blisters that ooze and crust; and swollen lymph nodes. Shingles usually clears up in two to three weeks and rarely recurs. However, if this condition persists, it would be good to see your doctor to eliminate all doubts. Take care and keep us posted.