Lymph node was taken out today for biopsy
The numbing part was the worst part. Then they had to insert the wire since it was lymph node way down in the breast the BS need to identify the spot. BS said it looked ok but won't get the full details on the cells for at least 5dys from now. Pain is so so. Has anyone else had a lymph node removed from their breast? If so what were your results.All I know is that the lymph node showed up last yr in the ultrasound but now it has changed it shape so that is why the BS said they marked it suspcious. My prayers to all.
It's always the local anesthesia that hurts the most. Intramammary nodes do show up fairly often and need to be dealt with in this manner. The waiting will be as bad as the numbing procedure but let's keep those positive (benign) thoughts going. Enlarged nodes can be caused by things other than cancer. Best Wishes .......