Breast Cancer Expert Forum
MALE NIPPLE SENSITIVITY-- CANCER PRECURSOR?
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

MALE NIPPLE SENSITIVITY-- CANCER PRECURSOR?

I am a 32 year old white male. For about a month I have had bilateral nipple sensitivity, to the point it was almost painful. The pain has subsided somewhat, but they are still sensitive. I did an exam, and cannot detect lumps, although I have a "ridge" in the exact same place on either side, but it feels like it may be a muscle or on the breast bone. The pain started at the same time for both nipples. It is focused in the nipples. There is no discharge. No trauma or unusual activities. I am a larger man and do not know if this could be the cause or not. Is this a possible precursor I should be concerned about? Any info is appreciated.

dan