MRI Biopsy
I have a MRI Biopsy scheduled for Friday morning and I am a bit anxious to see what they find out.  My question is...how accurate is an M.R.I. at picking up breast cancer?  I went in for a MRI to see if something was wrong with my left breast.  After my MRI, I had a "second look" ultrasound and then they scheduled a biopsy on my right breast.  Apparently there was enhancement of my right breast on the MRI.  Should I be alot worried or a little?
Hi there.

The MRI as a diagnostic test for the breast carries a substantial amount of false-positive results.  This means that there is a tendency to over diagnose and over do things just by depending on MRI results which can be non specific.  In your situation, I believe that the doctors are just trying to make sure that the findings on the MRI are not cancerous in nature by doing the biopsy procedure.  Your MRI findings may just be a falsely positive one, and the biopsy will confirm that to us.  I hope your biopsy will be uneventful and will give you minimal pain and discomfort as possible.

Regards and God bless.
How did your MRI go and how were your rsults? I had a clean mammogram but my doctor wanted to be cautious so ordered an MRI. I had a good one last year, this one showed a "low enhancement" on one breast. They did a repeat mammogramand found nothing. An ultraound also showed nothing. Now I'm headed for a MRI guided biopsy. I'm worried but also feel this may be exaclty the problem with MRI's.
A related discussion, scared was started.