Breast Cancer Community
Male Breast Discharge
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Male Breast Discharge

42 year old male - for the past year my nipples have been itchy - about a week ago when squeezed a thick white puss is excreated. I am on no medication. There is no swelling. Is this a normal condition or should I discuss this with my doctor.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
Hi there.

This most likely represent an ongoing infection of the nipple area which should be treated with antibiotics.  The nipple and areola area contain specialized glands which may be similar to the sweat glands located in the skin of the face.  These glands can be clogged with dirt or comedones and can later become infected with bacteria.

Bacterial infection would result in pus formation which may or may not be accompanied by pain and inflammation.

I suggest you have this looked at by your doctor and possibly receive proper antibiotic treatment.  Regards.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank