Breast Cancer Community
Male Nipple discharge
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Male Nipple discharge

I am 21 years old and for about the past 6 months I have noticed that when I squeeze my left nipple a white puss like discharge comes out. Curious about how normal this was in men my age I looked online and it led me to sights that say any male nipple discharge could be a sign of cancer. Also my nipples are inverted, but have been all my life. Is the discharge something to be alarmed about? I would rather not have to go to a doctor if it wasn't all that serious
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
Hi,

Nipple discharge in males is not normal and needs further evaluation to rule out cancer and come to a confirmed diagnosis.

You should consult your doctor and get the relevant investigations done, including hormonal levels.

Do you ahve any other symptoms like a lump or skin changes?

The nipple inversiona also needs to be clinically evaluated by a physician.

Are you on any medications or drugs currently?

Do let us know how you are doing and keep us posted.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
Blank
I had a similar problem when I was 24. If I pressed my right nipple between my fingers about 6 drops of clear fluid popped out on the tip. I ended up having my right breast removed, and a precancerous growth was found. So now I have only one nipple, but that beats having cancer.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank