Male Painful Swollen Left Breast
I am a 55 year old male.  My left breast has become swollen over the last 5 weeks.  It has also become rather painful to the touch.  My internist ordered an ultrasound, which described a hypoechoic area of 2.6cm x 1.6cm x 1.2cm.

He has just ordered a mamogram for further investigation of the hypoechoic area.

Is male breast cancer the only or most likely cause of this ultrasound finding and symptoms?  Am quite worried.

The area in question was found to be in the retroaerolar region.  I cannot palpate an actual lump.  
Hi!

I am not very familiar with male breast cancer, however one rule of thumb is that cancer is not typically associated with pain. I'm not sure what other conditions could cause your swelling.  Have you spoken with your dr. about what the differential diagnoses could be?  Ultrasound is typically a more detailed test than mammogram.  Has your internist talked about a biopsy, or have you been given any medications to try to decrease the swelling?  

Hope we can help.  If you have more questions, please ask.

Warmly,

Chris
Healingwell62
Breast Cancer Community Leader

If you would, I'd appreciate it if you kept me posted on how you are doing.  I'm hopeful and prayerful for you.

Warmly,

Chris
Healingwell62
Breast Cancer 1 & 2 Community Leader