Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Mammogram and Ultrasound

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Mammogram and Ultrasound
I recently had a mammogram and was called back for a second mammogram and an ultrasound.  Both mammograms showed a spot, but nothing was detected on the ultrasound.  I was advised to return in 6 months for another mammogram.  Am I safe waiting?
Dear ann0709, Over the internet without access to the reports and viewing of the films we are not able to advise regarding the specific recommendation.  Talk with your doctor about your concerns so they can better explain for you the recommendations and if you are still concerned you may want to have a second opinion with a breast specialist who can review the films in context of your history and physical examination.