Breast Cancer Community
Mammogram/breast density

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Mammogram/breast density

My sister had her diagnositic mammo after she was told that she had breast density on her right breast, and was told that she didn't need an ultrasound and it looked okay.  Does that mean that she's okay or do they usually schedule an ultrasound at a later date?  Please help.
I would say that they were able to see all that they need to see and that it is clear.  At times with dense breasts it is difficult to see clearly if there is something there.  Some doctors follow up with a sonogram.  Your sister should speak to her gyno about it to see if she feels it requires an ultrasound.  Your sister is the one who has to be comfortable with the answers.
Thank you for responding.  My sister is okay.  Thanks again.