Mammogram needs to be redone
One August 17, 2009, I had my yearly mammogram done.  I got a call today from the radiology office and they want me to go back in for another mammogram.  I tried calling my doctor but she is away until next week.  I've heard that if the radiologist calls you to setup an appt. that may mean they found something significant and do not want to wait.  I'm just concerned.  What are the possible reasons for an immediate retake of a very recent mammogram?
I don't think this means a "retake" but rather some additional views from other angles. There may have been an area that wasn't quite clear on the normal screening views that they want to zero in on and look at more closely. Often this can be simply some breast tissue that has folded over on itself and caused a shadow. Many women experience the "call back" nearly every year.   Regards ....
Hope all went well with your recent call back.  The same thing happened to me this week and, fortunately, all turned out ok this time.  It is very scary, though, and your body does go into panic mode.  Regards...