Mammogram results
Hi; I'm  46 years old; had my mammogram last week and the doctor just called me to say that they found the right breast indeterminate focal asymmetry; there is no bc history in my family, when they did the mammogram I was on my period, someone said that could be the reason why the mammogram came back with those results; have anyone experienced this? Any inputs? I am going back on Thursday to have a diagnostic mammogram done.
You are correct, the Mammogram at that particular time might show things that wouldn't be evident at a later date. Of course the Diag. Mammogram won't hurt but you might mention about your menstrual cycle and it could be scheduled at a different time or at least ask if they think Thursday would be OK.
Asymmetry can be most anything or sometimes even nothing but a dense area. Regards ....