Mammogram vs Ultrasound
I had a mammogran that showed a dense area on my left breat. I return for a conical mammogram and ultrasound for further evaluation. The conical mammogram showed a dense nodule. However, when they tried to re-examine it with a ultrasound they were not able to get a clear view. Each time they would press upon it the mass would disappear. I am re-scheduled for a second visit in six months. Isn't the ultrasound supposed to be more accuarate? Why do you think they had a hard time getting a clear picture?

This discussion is related to Dense nodules in left breast.
Not all abnormalities will appear on an ultrasound or mammogram. Each test has it's limitations and what it can pick up.
Ultrasounds are generally used to determine whether a lump is fluid filled.Your doctor should compare the way this lump looks on your mammogram and determine whether additional investigation is necessary.
If the nodule characteristics seen on your mammogram don't look suspicious,a  6 months wait to see if there are any changes,it's not unusual.
Best wishes.
The same thing happened to me and it was because it just looked like a nodule..when pressed it went away because it was glandular and spread out. It wasnt a nodule, it was a gland..hope urs is too!! :) Sometimes a glad can be bunched up & appear to be a nodule until it is compressed