Mammogram
I had a mammogram recently and was called back for a second mammogram and an ultrasound.  The second mammogram showed a spot, but the ultrasound showed nothing.  I was told to wait 6 months and have another mammogram.  Is it safe for me to wait?
Different types of tests give different pieces of information. Findings from a mammogram don’t always get picked up on an ultrasound.Mammograms and Ultrasounds are very good tools,but unfortunately none is 100% perfect.
If the radiologist suggested a 6 months follow up, I assume that the "spot" seen on your compression Mammogram was not suspicious to order a biopsy.If your BIRADS score is a 3 then a follow up in 6 months is usually the standard recommendation.
However,you could have your films read by another radiologist for a second opinion.You could also ask your doctor, if an MRI could be ordered to alleviate your worries.
Best wishes and good luck...