Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Mamogram Follow up
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Mamogram Follow up

I am 45 years old, my last breast exam was 2/13/02.  They did a ultrasound and said that I had fibrocystic breast. I have not had any more mamograms since then(stupid me).  I called today to schedule an exam and the Dr.'s office said that I should have had a six month follow up from 2/13/02. I am now afraid that my condition may have gotten worse.  What are the chances of me having breast cancer with fibrocystic breast?  I feel no lumps or anything.  Also if there was a problem would it not have presented itself by now?  I am going to the radiologist in 3 days.