Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Mass under the nipple

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Mass under the nipple

I have a mass under the right nipple which my doctor ordered a sonogram and mamogram (mammogram) for. Everything came back fine, however you can still feel the mass. The tests did not reveal it's a cyst so she's recommending that I have surgery to remove the mass and have it tested. I'm 31 years old and I REALLY don't want to do this, but now I'm scared. What are the odds that it's cancer. I really don't have room for this worry in my life right now. I'm scared to death.
In the absence of positive results from either the mammogram or ultrasound, it is difficult to be certain whether this