Breast Cancer Community
Micro Calcification, 2 Lymphe Nodes are clear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Hi All, as I mentioned it earlier, my sister has Micro Calcification with clusters all over  her right breast(Almost 9cm).Mastectomy has performed and her 2 lymph nodes are clear and doctors sent for Pathology Test and out of 100 pieces 36 were negitive and waiting for the remaining 64 test results. So, can you please let me know her condition and what stage she is in. She is just 36years old and a mother of 6years and 2years old kids.
Staging will be done when all the Pathology results are in. The fact that the lymph nodes were neg. is a good sign. Treatment will be determined after the final Path report has been sent to the Oncologist. This disease is a series of waiting games.
She has calcification extesively around 10 cm.  May be this is the size.

So far Nodes ( sentinal nodes ) do not show any sign of invasive cells.  Doctor has taken out the sentinal nodes during the mastectomy and they looked under microscope for signs of spreading.  It did not spread and they stopped at that point and not taken out any more nodes. During the operation they have tested those nodes 6-7 times.  They will look deep inside after the surgery by pathology department.

Our doctor said, the extracted mass was sent to pathology department and they will test that in more than 100 places and test for any sign of invasive cancer.  As of Friday, they have checked 36 places( of the extracted mass ) and it does not show any invasive cancer cells.  Doctor said, they will continue to look more deep inside and the result will come out by next week.

Regarding further analysis, doctor said as part of the analysis he may have her gene tested.  May be this may tell something about metastasis??  I am not sure of this one.

Hi Doctor, my sisters pathology report came and the surgeon told her that every thing is normal and she doesn’t need to take any treatments including the medication. He just told her to go for check ups for every 6 months. Will it be Ok, the person with DICS (9CM Micro calcification all over her right breast and Mastectomy has performed) with out taking any other treatments and medication? One way I'm happy that my sister is out of danger, but the other way I have a concern about re occurrence if she doesn’t take any medication. Please clarify my doubt