Mildly complicated acorn cyst in right breast
I am 40 yrs old and had first mammogram. It came back that additional views were necessary. They did ultrasound on right breast and found several cysts and the one of concern is  8 mm mildly complicated acorn cyst with internal echoes along the superior margin. BIRADS Cat 3- ultrasound again in 6 months. Should I be worried? Should I wait?
An acorn cyst, also known as a fatty cyst is a type of complex cyst which has fat and protein cells.

Radiologists, by virtue of their extensive training and experience, are generally very good at telling which findings are suspicious enough to require a biopsy (BI-RADS 4 or 5). Since your report was A BI-RADS Category 3, that indicates that the radiologist felt only short-term (6-mth) followup was required in your case.

However, if this is worrying you a great deal and you do not feel satisfied with just accepting that recommendation, you could ask to have the images reviewed by another radiologist as a 2nd opinion.

Best wishes,
bluebutterfly

Thanks. I'm really trying not to worry at all. Its hard though. I appreciate your input. Gonna try to not think about for the next 6 months
You are welcome.

And I hope you'll be able update us after the 6-mth followup with the news that there has been no change.

Regards,
bb