Breast Cancer Expert Forum
More than one bump...

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

More than one bump...

As you know, I posted a question on Sunday about a large lump that I had found. I went for an ultrasound yesterday and the technician stated that there was definately more than one (as many as 5 or 6). So, needless to say, I am worried even more than I was before. An ultrasound was performed on both of my breasts and my right one was fine. So my question - any idea as to what several lumps could be? I will consult with my physician tomorrow for the results, but I am extremely nervous and would like to hear some answers right now.
Dear tricia0814:  It is difficult to say what these lumps are without further evaluation.  All tests have their uses and limitations.  An ultrasound is helpful in distinguishing between a structure that is solid and a structure that is fluid-filled (cyst).  Your doctor will review these results and discuss with you what the next step, if any, is needed to further evaluate these lumps.