Breast Cancer Community
My breast has a boil under it. Is this a sign of cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

My breast has a boil under it but I don't see any signs of redness of my nipple or skin at all. But the boil is like m&m chocolate . It's round. Pls help me to understand it. Am so worried. Thank u. I went for mammogram two years ago but it says my lumps are just cystic. Pls. Advice me. Thank you so much.

This discussion is related to Could Boils on Breast be Breast Cancer?.
1 Comment
If what you have is really a boil,typically it could resolve on it's own,but  there are special situations in which boils need to be medically treated.
If you are not sure of what it is,then it's better to show it to your doctor because this  lump could be anything but it should be examined and perhaps tested to make sure it's harmless.
Best wishes...