Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Natural progesterone cream and breast cancer
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Natural progesterone cream and breast cancer

I have read that natural progesterone cream can prevent breast cancer and fibrocystic breast.  Can you find literatures on this?  As I have a history of DCIS, fibroadenoma and fibrocystic change, I wonder if I can try this. The cancer cells in DCIS were ER -ve but they did not check progesterone receptor.  I am 37.

In addition, what does your clinic recommend people to do to decrease the chance of breast cancer, fibroadenoma and fibrocystic disease? I don't drink (not even coffee or tea) or smoke, or take any hormone/birth control pill. I am skinny, eat only small amount of meat, has no family history of breast or other cancer.  I thought I had a very healthy lifestyle and I am pretty clueless why I have this problem and how I can prevent it.

Thanks in advance for your advice.