Breast Cancer Community
Nipple Infection
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nipple Infection

I am a 29 year old mail. My right nipple is sore. The first day that I noticed it to be sore I had a very mild fever. The nipple hurts more to touch, but is slightly painful when not touched. There seems to be a lump or cyst under my nipple. There is swelling and redness about a 1/2 inch outside of my nipple too. The infected nipple is harder than my left nipple all the time, and the nipple itself is more white than my other nipple. I have had no trauma or injury to the infected nipple. I don't haver a lot of money, so I am not sure if it is serious enough to go to the Dr. It seems to be getting worse than better though. It started 4 days ago. The only thing I can think of that I did out of the ordinary is I fasted for 3 days for spiritual purposes right before the infection started. It might just be coincidence, but I am not sure. Any suggestions or advice?  

This discussion is related to A male with a painful 1 inch swelling under the right nipple.