Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Nipple discharge in a man

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Nipple discharge in a man

Hello, i am a 23 year old male.  about 6 years ago I noticed that one of my Montgomery glands seemed strange and I squeezed it and pus came out. Since that time the same area of Montgomery gland has discharged clear liquid anytime it is sqeezed. Is this normal??

Dear Jerrydwest,  Montgomery glands are what the sebaceous glands on the areola are called.  Sebaceous glands are microscopic glands under the skin which secrete an oily/waxy substance used to lubricate the skin and hair.  These glands are within the pores of the skin.  The skin on the breast, aereola, and nipple is like skin on any other area of the body and subject to a number of conditions such as a pimple.