Breast Cancer Community
Nipple growth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Nipple growth

I have had a small pimple-like object on the face of my left nipple for over a year now. It is not a pimple, and is attached to the nipple, but stands out from it almost like a little ball extension. It was originally one bump and is now two, but not much bigger. I can lift it away from the nipple and it is connected by skin tissue, but cannot pull it off (hurts to try, obviously). Should I be concerned, and is there any way to have this removed safely and easily?
Tags: nipple, growth
1 Comment
Avatar dr m tn
Hi.  Probably the best thing to do is to have the bump removed by someone trained to do it (e.g. a surgeon), and to have the tissue examined by a pathologist just to make sure it's not anything serious.