Nipple soreness
I am 40. Diagnosed DCIS non-invasive. I had lumpectomy and after about ten days developed very red and sore nipple with clear/pink fluid only when expressed. My excision was not too far behind my left nipple. My surgeon said everything looked o.k. (although this was before I realized fluid could be expressed) Should I be concerned, or is this normal after surgery? My nipple is still so sore I keep a bandaid on it to keep it from rubbing against clothes.
Dear carolechance:  The fluid you describe sounds like serosanguinous fluid (normal post surgical fluid).  This may be a result of the normal "trauma" of surgery.  I am uncertain as to why the nipple is sore.  I suppose there could be some injury to a nerve during the surgery - and the nipple is very sensitive.  Give this a little bit of time - week or two.  If it is no better, make another appointment with your doctor.