Breast Cancer Community
Nodularities in breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Nodularities in breast

In August I had a mammo and it did not show anything abnormal.  I do have a ductal papilloma in right breast that they watch.  I was told the mammo was norma.  I have been sick with gastro problems and my gastro had me have a chest xray for a chronic cough, they found a nodule in my lung.  So they set me up for a CT/Pet scan and along with the nodule it showed nodularities under the areola in my left breast.  So they sent me for another mammo and it was normal??!!  They are sending me to a specialist.  I find it odd that they are not showing up in the mammos, but I was told that they don't usually show the papillomas either, but all they do to watch me is a mammo.  They found the ductal papilloma with a ultrasound as I was draining blood.  
1 Comment
It is true that different types of Imagery show different things and this seems to be the case here. Most times Ultrasound is used in combination with Mammogram ... even if it isn't ordered sometimes the Radiologist will request an Ultrasound. I'm not sure why this wasn't done routinely in your case but you might ask your prescribing Physician. I'm sure since you have an appointment with a Specialist now that you will be getting some answers about these nodules that were discovered. It sounds like you have other issues in addition to the breast problem and it's good that you are now going to find out exactly what is going on.  Regards ....