Breast Cancer Community
Not Having A Menstrual Cycle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Not Having A Menstrual Cycle

For the last 2 months I have not had a menstrual cycle. I am not cramping, breaking out or any of the other things that usually signal the start of my cycle. I am not on any type of birth control, as we are trying to get pregnant. Needless to say, I am not pregnant. What could be going on? We are trying to get pregnant as I have said, and it isn't working, we have been trying for almost 6 months, and I think maybe not having a period may have something to do with this. Also is there any way I could be pregnant, I have only had urine tests, but I have had like 20, at least, and they are all negative.
1 Comment
Avatar n tn
I feel for you.  My husband and I have also been trying to conceive, but my irregular periods have not been helping at all.  I talked to my OB/GYN about this and he gave me Provera before to regulate my period.  My periods would come after taking the Provera.  Then the next month, it will be back to where it was.  I took Provera for three cycles, and I have had my periods after that.  The problem was, I was not ovulating regularly.  I needed some help for my ovulation, so this time, he gave me Provera and Clomid.  Clomid is a fertility medicine that will induce my ovulation.  I took the last pill of Provera five days ago, and I still do not have my period (which is very unusual).  Now, I can't take my Clomid because my period has not come yet.  However, what I am concerned about now is if indeed I am pregnant or not (because my breasts are really swollen and very tender) that's why my period did not come after taking Provera.  

Anyway, talk to your OB/GYN and open up what is bothering you.  That is the best way you can get help.  That's how I got mine.  Hope this helps.  Good luck!!