Breast Cancer Community
"Oligometastatic" breast cancer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

"Oligometastatic" breast cancer

Hello.

I think this site is great. I am trying to connect with others who are in a similar situation as myself . I have metastatic breast cancer that is a single lesion, confined to a single organ . The term used for this is "ogliometastasis" . From my research it is only found in under 5% of the MBC population. I have talked with several woman with MBC but have yet to connect with someone in a similar situation.

I would like to hear from anyone who has any stories or can give me any insight regarding oligmetastatic disease.

Thank you.
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
492898_tn?1222247198
'I have talked with several woman with MBC but have yet to connect with someone in a similar situation.'

If you are trying to connect with women in a similar situation as you, it may be of benefit if you describe your particular situation in more detail, like where your single lesion is located? This way someone in your situation will be able to connect with you much better than all the women you have talked with MBC, and whose lesions were not the same as yours?

Just trying to help,

Katrin
Blank
Ok.

I have a single lesion in my left lung. Planning to have a left upper lobectomy end of this year. I have been on Gezmar/Cisplatinum (6 cycles) since July and will have my 6th cycle tomorrow. I have had a good response.
I am 60% ER+, Pr/Her2-.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank