Oncotype score 8, histologic grade 2-3
My tumor was 1.4 cm, sentinel lymph node biopsy was negative, margins clear.   Histologic grade was 2 by one lab and 3 by another lab. Stage II.
No mitosis.

I had a mastectomy on October 5.  Just got my oncotype score back and it was an 8.  My oncologist is leaning toward no chemotherapy but I am thinking I would like chemo just to give myself a bit of an insurance policy that the cancer will not come back.  I have 6 year old twins and am 50 years old in generally good health.

My question is whether I should receive the chemotherapy.  While i realize that 8 is a low recurrence score, I also realize that it is not a guarantee that the cancer will not come back.

Please advise and thank you.
Your case history shows you to have had Stage I breast cancer. (Size 1.4 cm, no lymph nodes) But you have mentioned as Stage II (probably some information missing a bit). If consider to be a Stage I disease, then probably surgical intervention is all that needed which is followed by tumor bed radiation and strict follow up regimen. In cases of early Stage II, the same protocol can be followed. Just having chemotherapy would not mean any recurrence. Kindly do give the reasoning provided by your oncologist for not opting any chemotherapeutic agents. Anyway oncologist is the better expert to advice for the chemotherapy.