One Areola is suddenly scaly, shriveled, hard, brown
Coming out of the shower about 5 days ago I noticed that my left nipple and entire areola is suddenly dark, hard, scaly and sort of shriveled.  My right nipple is fine. It does not necessarily hurt or itch.

I nervously saw my gynecologist yesterday and she sort of glanced at it and said it looks really dry and to just put neosporin on it.  Everything I am reading says that if it is only on 1 breast, to get it biopsied. I cannot help but to worry about this abnormality and not sure if I should write it off as easily as she did.

Opinions?
If you are not satisfied with the opinion of your Gyn I think you should make an appointment with a Breast Specialist. This would be someone who's practice is with breast issues. It's always best to see a Dr. who deals with the specific problem rather than another type of Physician. This could be a skin problem but I doubt that Neosporin would do much for that either. It may not be something that would require a biopsy either but it definitely deserves further investigation. Regards ....