Breast Cancer Community
PAINFUL mammary fibrosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

PAINFUL mammary fibrosis

I had a lump removed from my right breast and it turned out to be nothing more than mammary fibrosis. That was a little over a year ago and since then they have both become REALLY painful and flare up alot more.  I saw a doctor here in Germany recently and he just gave me Motrin. It hurts really bad and I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do.
With reference to the post, it probably points towards fibroadenosis of both breasts.This condition is a benign one but also has a risk of developing into malignancy depending on other factors.
There is no need to raise the alarm for this condition. With respect to the pain, it could be treated symptomatically. If it is fibroadenosis, then evening primose oil tablets for a period of three months could be beneficial.
I have never heard of that but will look into it. Anything would help at this point and I just don't want to take motrin all the time or do warm compresses, I don't have time for that. Also my husband and I are talking about having another child. Where does this put me with breastfeeding?
Fibroadenosis is also known as ANDI.
This is an condition which has some relation to the hormonal changes.
Motrin is a pain killer used for relief of the signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. May prescribe Motrin for the treatment of primary dysmenorrhea.
With respect to conceive, do discuss with your physician.
With respect to fibroadenosis, there should be no problem for  you to breast feed a child.