Breast Cancer Expert Forum
PEAU D'ORANGE
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

PEAU D'ORANGE

Merry Christmas to all of you!I am a new doctor(just finished my studies) and I'd like your medical opinion about a case that I saw today.There is a woman 60 years old with cancer of stage 1(T1N0M0),LNs negative(0/20),grade 3,ormonic receptors negative and c-erb negative.She has finished 8 circles of chemotherapy(4 adriamycin-cyclofosfamid and 4 Taxotere.She has been operated in June 2007.Today her left breast(the one with the problem) was rather irritated for the first time since the operation.To me(I am mostly unexperienced and without a specialty yet) seemed to be a flammation.It was red and hot,she had mo fever or edema though.I'm now wondering:Could it be a peau d'orange situation,could it be a side-effect of Taxotere,could it be just a disorientation of lymph vessels of the area?Is it common or possible to notice something like this in a woman like her (with an operated tumor of good prognosis),only a semester after the operation and while she has been taken a chemotherapy?Could it be a new "beginning stronger than the first one''?I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.