Breast Cancer Expert Forum
PREGNANT WITH MORE PROBLEMS

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

PREGNANT WITH MORE PROBLEMS
Last week i had written and said that my breast had started leaking blood. My breasts are still leaking. I went to the doctor. My doctor did a breast exam and ever since she pushed in a spot in my armpit there has been a sore knot-like feeling under my arm. The doctor said she is leaning to some sort of breast cancer from my complaints and is sending my to get a breast ultrasound. I am very nervous. everyone in my family has had some sort of cancer by the age of 35 including my mom who was just deemed cancer free after several surgeries in the past. What is the likelyness that a pregnant 19 year old has breast cancer? Everything i read says that breast cancer is the most rare of cancers found in pregnant woman.
Dear briansmommy:  Breast cancer can occur in pregnant women just as it can occur in non-pregnant women.  Your age of 19 makes this unlikely.  Nevertheless, it makes sense to proceed with the ultrasound to be sure.  If this does not shed some light on the situation, consider seeing a breast specialist.