Breast Cancer Community
Pain and swelling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Pain and swelling

I am 34 yr female, I had a hysterectomy at 29 due to severe endometriosis, I also had a benign(sp) lump removed from my right underarm/breast. I am having a great deal of pain in my right underarm/breast area, I alsohave swollen glands behind my ear (rt side) I get really dizzy and nauseated sometimes. I am in the Navy and have reported it to the doctors, they said it is nothing to worry about but never did any exam on me. I am scared, what could this be and what do you think I should do. If I keep going back to medical I just get told there is nothing wrong and they yell at me.
It's impossible to speculate as to what might be causing your symptoms without an examination. Are you active duty ... and deployed ?? I was thinking you might see a civilian Dr. and at least rate an exam. I'm not sure how the military works today but if you can't see an outside Physician I'd just keep trying until you get some results. What you describe must have a cause and it needs to be found.  Regards ....  
Japdi,
In response to your question yes I am active Duty but no I am currently not deployed. Unless referred we are not covered to see a civilian medical provider and most medical providers will not see us unless we have been referred by the Military. I have scheduled another appointment for the 15th hopefully this will get resolved and or I will get some results. Considering my history I am a little nervous.
I am a return deployee, which means I spent a year in Iraq exposed to who knows what... I have noticed some new symptoms the last three days I have been getting heart palpitations and with each one I get a flushing feeling to my face, however no pain in my chest. I am just concerned, the irregular heart rate may just be anxiety Im just not sure.
I wasn't sure how it worked these days ... I've had close friends in the military but that was TOO long ago to relate to today. I'm glad you are making another appnt. ... that sounds like it's the only way and hopefully you'll get some results next time. Try not to stress too much over it ... that will only make things worse but you already know that I'm sure. Not as an afterthought because I meant to say it last time :  Thank you for your service, you make us proud.   Regards